A Peace of Acceptance


I left my desk today and went for a stroll... as stood at a window and watched the wind blow over, around, and on the sides of the water… it looked like rippled potato chips to me. I smiled and crossed my arms behind my back while cupping my hands together, taking it all in... frame.. by frame... by frame...
I was enjoying myself...
I walked off slowly to enjoy the rest of my stroll and admired the building I walked in...
I noticed the beauty in everything that attracted me, and it reminded me of how discontent I used to be with myself and the place that I worked...
I created a lot of unhappiness for myself at that time... But today, I know I am exactly where I am supposed to be..., and I love that my eyes can see... 

A friend said to me the other day.. that whenever she says this is where she should be... that she wonder if it’s really just her being lazy… and she's staying in one particular place because she don't want to do the work it will take for her to leave...
So how do I know that this is where God wants me to be…?
Is it just where we are because it's comfortable...?
And I completely understood these thoughts and where she was coming from...
 
I honestly think we all are where we are because we are supposed to be..., and I know this to be true because "we are here"...
And when it is time for us to do be someplace different... and do something different, and have something different..., both we... and things will change.

I know a lot of us believe God made some kind of mistake with us... and misjudged our lives and places in them...
We think and believe that things should be different, that "we" should be different..., and for surely we should have different things.. 
But that's just a trick the enemy uses to continually rob us of seeing God's careful provisions and receiving his great gift of peace...

I know I'm supposed to be where I am, because this is where I am...
And when it's time for me to be some place different and do something different, I will... because it will be time...
And if ever things don't change (when you think they should)... Perhaps it's because it's not supposed to yet...

But how can you know that you are not just being lazy.....?

Well you can start by knowing that you are not just being lazy because laziness is a word
and you can’t be a word
You can’t even be the meaning that people attach to words…
So start there...
And take it easy..

 

Enjoy
-Chana

2 comments:

wron23 said...

nice

breathandrock said...

Hi Chana :)

very nice thoughts and post...liking it

I say...bloom where you are planted too.