Lessons Learned - The Gift of Solitude


'One of the nicest things about my life these days is that I am finally here (with me) in it... And this is important because I used to be someplace else for a long time and didn't even know it...'
 
'Feeling my feelings is an insightful process... But actually processing what I’m feeling is what returns me back to myself...'
 
'I really didn’t discover this "being here" piece as much as it just (one day) smacked me in the face… And when it did, I cried... I cried because I knew exactly how I felt and also the reason why... And (surprisingly) I didn't run from it this time... or talk myself out of it...  I just sat there... like a friend... and let myself cry.  It was an amazing experience...'

'I learned a long time ago that when someone asks me how I am, the answer is really just for me to know... as opposed to them receiving this information.  Their asking is always just a reminder.' 

'My struggle with letting people know how I feel (sometimes) bothers me deeply... But before I say "I am working on it"... I know that being bothered doesn't necessarily require me to work on anything..., as much as loving and accepting myself being bothered does...'

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Never Ending Relationships

Running To Win

Sharing Some Thoughts