Food for Thought


'Have you ever noticed how "I" can find "you" in "me" and "me" in "you" and still call it "myself"...?
It's kind of cool...'

'Whenever there's a hole in my sidewalk, the romance of my own self-discovery helps me to get out of it...
And I love it...'
'I always tell people how you have to "love yourself" before someone else can... But I never imagined having to find out if it was true...'

'I never understood why when we feel safe and comfortable enough to be our true selves (which is really just the child inside…), people call this "immature" as opposed to "courageous"...'

'I don’t always know what I want sometimes...
But I (at least) know that I want to know what I want... sometimes...'

'Since love exists with or without us, why do people put ownership on it and say “I” love you...?'

'My reality of loving someone else is as personal as my reality of loving cheese…
And since I don't look for the cheese (that I love) to love me back for loving it so much...
I also don't look for something in return from people... because love (in its truest form) is a gift...  And gifts are meant to be received and given away. '

'Whenever I lose myself and need to be found again, I know to check behind my likes and dislikes… as I've discovered me sometimes hiding there...'  

'Up until this discovery, I used to feel special knowing I was an "individual"...
But then I opened the door to myself and discovered a lot of people like me...
"individuals"...
It's funny (now) seeing how being an individual is quite the ordinary thing...
and it's cool...'

Food for thought.

 ~Chana


No comments: