Secrecy and Solitude/ An Overlooked Value

Knowing secrecy and solitude are values that belong to the essence of every personality, I wonder why so many people fear it in others and often violate it in relationships... 

Some of my best thoughts, creative ideas, and solutions to problems come to me when I am off and alone with my thoughts and God...  And regardless of who I'm connected to in relationship, this is never negotiable with me.

I spoke with a friend today who (after listening to him) believed it was a good thing that he was able to convince his girlfriend (who he says he loves) to spend her time with him when she showed signs that she really wanted to be alone... Perhaps he (like many) believed solitude was some kind of "punishment" that he needed to save her from... Or maybe he secretly wanted to alleviate his own loneliness because he lacks the ability to be still long enough to reap the great rewards of spending quality time with oneself...

In any event, I thought he should know that true love penetrates the secrets and solitude of another only by allowing them to keep their secrets... yes...  (if they want or need to)... and by allowing them to remain in their solitude... because we love them..

For how else do you suppose we'd feel love and support that would later make us want to naturally share...?

I'm just sayin'....


No comments: