One of My Favorite Songs


If I did this correctly, there should be a video here for you to watch today... :)
It's one of my favorite songs by this guy name Travis Greene called "Living Water".

I believe the message behind the song is taken from Jeremiah 2:12-13... which says:

"Be appalled, O heavens, at this... be shocked and utterly desolate, declares the LORD... for my people have committed two evils... they have forsaken me, the fountain of living waters.. and have hewed out cisterns for themselves... (broken cisterns) that can hold no water..."

When I reflect on this today, I can see how we still do the same thing...
I personally can relate to abandoning God during different times in my life and digging out for myself some type of cistern (a broken cistern at that...)  that I try to use to hold water to quench my thirsts - which never worked (btw)

This song is a great reminder that "living water" is all I need


~Chana

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Never Ending Relationships

Running To Win

Sharing Some Thoughts